Thank God for Internet

Nothing to do this weekend.. Yeap. Its Thursday and it's my rest day. Hoorah! 


I've been living here in the great Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for over seven months now. I'm a registered nurse "working" at a private hospital in Jeddah. First timer. I'm getting bored coz FYI we're not really working yet. The hospital's quite new and it's still closed. I'm hoping that it will open soon coz i don't wanna waste my time abroad gaining zero skills. 


Before leaving the Philippines (i.e Laguna), I already wanted to start a journal on how i got here, hoping I'd be able to help a "first time OFW" like me. I can say that I googled my way to KSA. Well, just a bit. hehe. I mean, I got most information i needed at that time from the internet. Blogs, forums and Facebook. Since it's my first time to go international, I searched for info that will help lessen my anxiety. I need to know what to do next. I need steps so I won't panic. :P


I searched the net for: 
> Things to Bring (forums, blogs) www.pinoyexchange.comwww.thepinktarha.com
> What to do @ the Airport (forums) www.pinoyexchange.com
> My Employer (no website yet that time) 
> Possible workmates (Facebook :P, i found a nurse from one of the forums and we started chatting @ facebook about the hospital) 


But since my writing mood is very unpredictable, I guess my plan will be just that. A plan..

No comments:

Post a Comment